Media Fire & Hook & Ladder Company No.1
11 South Jackson Street Media, PA 19063
(610) 565-3737 / (610) 565-3738
Fire Chief: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President / Advanced Life Support Coordinator: email@example.com
FYI: AS OF MAY 8, 2014 THE MEDIA FIRE COMPANY IS NOT RENTING THE BANQUET HALL
Why should I become a volunteer fire fighter or EMS provider?
Volunteering is a very valuable and rewarding way for you to serve the Borough of Media. It takes many hours of training, and dedication to become a firefighter or EMS provider. If you are willing to put in the time and effort, Media Fire Company is ready for you to serve.
You will develop a sense of pride being a member of a department that has provided a valuable community services since 1891; and meet new people and develop friendships that will last a lifetime. Below you’ll find information on how to contact the fire company and apply for membership. We have also answered some basic questions about becoming a volunteer. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Now that you have decided that you want to be a member of Media Fire Company just follow these simple steps.
- Make sure you are ready to commit.
- Making the decision to become a volunteer firefighter or EMS provider should not be taken lightly. This decision requires many hours of training and a strong commitment to serve your community.
- Contact Media Fire Company
- Stop by the station any Tuesday night and ask to speak to any officer
- Call the station and leave a message for the membership committee 610-565-3737
- Complete the application
- Follow this link to download a membership application or pick one up at the station.
- Once you have completed the application drop it off at the station on a Tuesday night
- If you are between the ages of 15 - 17 you will need your parent’s permission to join.
- After you join the company you will be entered into a variety of training courses.
- NFPA certified Firefighting program 150 hours
- First Responder Certification program 48 hours
- EMT Certification program 137 hours
- Enjoy the idea of helping your neighbors and community.
Frequently asked questions
What qualifications do I need to become a volunteer firefighter?
As long as you are at least 15 years of age, you can volunteer. The fire company will provide all the training and equipment that you will need to be an EMT or firefighter.
Do volunteer firefighters get paid?
Media Fire Company volunteers do not get paid. Active members do get discounts on fire company sponsored activities.
Should I start a physical training program before applying to be a volunteer?
Yes, a training program will help you meet the physical demands of firefighting and providing EMS.
Can a volunteer position lead to a career in firefighting?
Yes. Volunteering is one of the best ways to get the required training and experience to be an attractive candidate for a career firefighting position.
Can I become a volunteer EMT at Media Fire Company?
Yes Media Fire Company provides EMS coverage to Media Borough, Upper Providence Township, Rose Valley Borough and half of Nether Providence Township. We run 2,000 EMS calls a year.
Fire Fund Drive
The Media Fire Company holds a mail-in fund drive once per year for residents of Media Borough. Any contribution to our fund drive is appreciated. Your donations allow us to maintain the equipment and training necessary to respond to emergencies in our town. All donations to our organization are tax-deductible.
EMS Fund Drive
The Media Fire Company EMS division holds a mail-in fund drive once per year for residents of Media and Rose Valley Boroughs, Upper Providence Township and portions of Nether Providence Township. Your donation allows the EMS service to maintain the highest possible service to our residents of these communities. Equipment and training are continuously being advanced and updated. The Media Fire Company EMS service provides 2 basic life support ambulances and an advanced life support unit available to our residents 24 hours a day.
The Media Fire Company always welcomes donations. Donations can be sent to our address below.
Media Fire Company
PO Box 10
Media, Pa. 19063
Prevention is the best way for you to protect yourself and your family from the perils of fire. The Media Fire Company works to educate school children and adults on fire safety and fire prevention through-out the year with the majority of school children visited during the Month of October. If you would like to have a fire prevention program conducted at your school or organization or would like to schedule a tour of the Media Fire House, contact the Fire House at (610) 565-3737 and leave a message for the Fire Chief.
Fire Prevention Handouts